Monday 12 August 2013

Positive Post #3

Hey guys, 

The reason I thought of doing a positive post this week was because with results week coming up people can find the whole thing a bit daunting. 

|Picture from here|


When I saw this quote I really thought it would be perfect for today's topic. The future is kind of a scary thing, especially when you have no idea what's in store for you. 

So the future, some people know exactly what they want from it, others might not have the slightest clue. Both of these things are OK. Nobody can tell you what you must do because in the end you have to do what makes you happy. 

Speaking from experience there is going to be a rush of emotion the day of results between nerves, extreme joy, relief and maybe some sadness. (I hope the last one won't happen to any of you)
You're going to need to take some time to take everything in because everyone has been waiting for this day for quite some time. 

In the end, no matter what is in the envelope, you did everything you could. If what you wanted is inside that well done. You deserve it because you worked your bottoms off to get there. If not, don't get too down. One thing I heard over that whole year and that summer was 'What's for you won't pass you by' and to me this saying could not be more true. 

For my results I didn't get what I wanted. I felt lost, confused and seriously had no idea what I was going to do. In the end I went to college but it just wasn't for me. I then made a big decision and decided to leave. For me this was one of my best decisions as I wasn't enjoying what I was doing but when I left and had some time to think I realised what I wanted. 

So yes the day that no one wants to think about is coming and everyone is starting to feel overwhelmed but all I can say is don't let what is in that envelope make you think your future is mapped out. Yes for some people it might be, but for others, if things didn't go as expected, there is so much for you out there. You just need to find it. 

Also good luck to everyone waiting on results. I'm sure you will all do great.





1 comment:

  1. I included you in a blog post check it out :)

    katiesworld-ofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete